1. You only buy soft drinks when you have visitors.
2. You think BORED means annoyed, frustrated or disappointed (as in
3. You cannot count up to ten in your own language and are proud of it
4. You think plastic bag and paper bag is the same thing.
5. You think perfume and deodorant is the same thing.
6. You know what “the Epilogue” on the T.V is.
7. You think that Coca-cola is the generic name for all soft drinks, Cobra for all floor polish, Surf for all washing powder & Colgate for all toothpaste
8. You only have 3 spices- salt, mhiri phiri and Royco usavi mix.
9. You believe in recycling- old tyres make good shoes, old stockings
are great for shining the floor, newspaper makes good toilet paper and
old cars make good chicken coops.
10. You know there are two classes of people- maSALAD and maSRB but are
not sure where you belong.
11. You bad-mouth the government but never vote.
12. You hear the word WEDDING and immediately think of STEPS.
13. You know what DAMAGES are, in relation to marriage.
14. Your idea of eating out is going to Chicken Inn.
15. You have seen the inside of a blair toilet.
16. For you Christmas means new clothes, and Christmas dinner is rice
17. You have ever named your dog after animals that are not remotely
related to dogs. e.g. Tiger and Spider.
18. Your fridge usually has 2litre Mazoe containers filled with water only
19. You visit a relative without prior notice and will try to stay for
as long as possible (nekuti pane chikafu…)
20. You’ve never been to Victoria Falls, Kariba or Eastern Highlands but have
been to Joburg, Dubai etc several times (madhiri…!)